The Rule of the Order
1)a - Members will NEVER intentionally harm a person even upon pain of death. Members will willingly surrender thier life before causing harm or injury to another human being. No Human Being has the right to Kill another no matter how grave the crime, threat or presence of evil perceived in that human being.
1)b - members may not harm another human being in defense of another human being. non-violent restraint may be used to subdue the assailant.
1)c - Torture is an instrument of satan and his minions. No member shall ever commit or willingly observe the torture or mutilation of a human or animal.
2)a - Members may never harm an animal except to acquire food and then only enough to sustain yourself and those with you. Uses must be found for every usable part of the animal that sacrificed itself for the meal in respect to God's creation.
2)b - Members shall not hunt with firearms. Members must use archaic weapons to hunt with.
2)c - The killing of animals must be conducted in a humane and reasonably painless way. Preferrably by a single forceful blow to the forehead with a mass weapon such as a hammer or device used for the Slaughter of animals approved by Rabbinic agencies.
3) - Members will pray daily the offices of Lauds, Nones, Angelus, Vespers and Compline.
4) - members will attend a Mass or Christian Service at least once per week.
5) - God created the whole universe - all universes and all things in nature work together for the good of God. Willful destruction or disrespect for that creation is evil.
6) - Curse NO ONE EVER. God spoke the universe into being and so words have power. Always be mindful of your words and intent.
7) - Carry on your person no sharp edged weapons or devices that will penetrate the skin to vital organs except in the case of hunting for food.
8)a - Vanity opens many doors allowing weakness during defense of good. Brothers will wear a tonsure in the oriental style which is shaved entirely leaving no longer than 1/4". It is preferred the tonsure is kept always but unmarried brothers may choose only to tonsure for Advent and Lent.
8)b - Sisters shall keep long hair, in the fashion of Godly women. Hair shall not be cut shorter than shoulder length except in circumstances of health.
8)c - neither Brothers or Sisters shall dye thier hair of any color except that which was natural to them during the years of 20-30. It is preferred that hair be dyed not at all.
8)d - Abbots or Marshalls shall wear a beard in modest style (defined as an absence of trendy or excessively garish fads) of any length desired. It is preferred that all males wear a beard but it is only required for Abbots and Marshalls.
8)e - If a sister has hair shorter than shoulder length for health reasons or in the case of an initiate or novice she is to wear a Wimple when in habit.
9)a - Confidentiality of persons assisted by the order is essential when documenting cases. Real names are not allowed and must be replaced prior to submitting the final report to the Abbot.
9)b - All cases must be investigated and documented. Reports will be submitted to the Abbot and stored on media indefinitely and suited for longevity. It is the duty of the Abbot to keep transferring such records to new "standard" media as these forms evolve with technological development.
10)a - Any member may be married in accordance with the sacrament of Holy Matrimony.
10)b - Unmarried members are to remain celebut until Married.
10)c - Unmarried Members may Engage and be married to other members of the order. A Husband and wife may join the order together as a couple.
11) Vows: vows are an essential part of this order. Vows are taken for Life and members are expected to keep them even if they leave the order.
11)a - Upon entering the Initiate, a member takes the vow of CONFIDENTIALITY and earns the right to wear a natural color cincture with a single knot. This means that the initiate shall NOT disclose details of cases to people outside of the order.
11)b - Upon entry into the Novitiate members take the vow of OBEDIENCE and may wear a second knot on thier cincture. This means that the member shall remain obedient to Brotehrs and Sisters of the order holding offices above them.
11)c - Upon completion of the Novitiate training period members take the order of SOLEMNITY and add a third knot to the cincture. This means that brothers and Sisters, now trained and ready to work cases, understand the serious nature of our mission and will treat it and our works, requests for our assistance, and our actions seriously and of a grave nature.
12)a - Members of the Order will NOT practice witchcraft, spells, divination, incantations, sorcery, magic, Astrology, summoning of spirits, Demons, Devils or ghosts.
12)b - When expelling or Cleansing an area ONLY prayer and sacramentals may be used - EVER.
12)c - Exorcisms require advanced approval by Marshalls governing the area and the abby AFTER a full report has been submitted in writing through the Abbot. It would be best if an Abbot or Marshall (or both) were also present for the exorcism.
12)d - Members shall NEVER attend a black mass, black sabbath, or any type of satanic or witchcraft gathering or ritual.
13) Members may NEVER accept payment for services performed. Members may accept gifts of food and drink while being hosted by a client or thier family.
14)a - Members when possible shall go on cases with in twos with thier Anamchara.
14)b - Male members should never be alone with Female Clients and Likewise Females should not be alone with Male Clients.
15)a - Members may wear only the following type of jewelry while on a case: Wedding Ring, watch, one icon or religious medal of a patron saint, one habit cross or crucifix, one habit rosary.
15)b - All jewelry that is permitted must be blessed by clergy using Exorcism Prayers prior to wearing it on a case.
15)c - A cell phone may also be carried - it must be blessed in the manner prescribed by article 15b.
15)d - An inventory of all personal effects is to be conducted for each member prior to entering the case location and leaving the case location/premises. If an object is discovered to be missing, the member missing it is to be annointed with Sacred Crism, blessed and asperged while on the premises.
15)e - Sacramentals may be taken to the case location in addition to tools such as aspergillum, Thurifer, etc.
15)f - Female members shall wear a wimpel or hair net prior to entering a case location.
15)g - Untonsured male members shall also wear a hair net at the case location.
16) - Habit: All members shall wear a habit while on a case.
16)a - The Habit of the Initiate is a Grey Alb or Robe. The Habit may be hooded but no capuche or Scapular is worn.
16)b - The Habit of the Novice is a Grey Alb or Robe and a Grey Hooded Mantle/Capuche. No scapular is worn.
16)c - The Habit of a Monk is a Grey Alb/Robe and a Grey Hooded Mantle/Capuche and a Grey Scapular.
16)d - The Habit of an Abbot is a Grey Alb/Robe and a Black Hooded Mantle/Capuche and Black Scapular.
16)e - The Habit of a Marshall is a Grey Alb/Robe and a White Hooded Mantle/Capuche and a White Scapular.
16)f - Members of the order who are also Ordained Clergy will wear the Red Crucimaul on the scapular to identify them as clergy that can perform the sacraments and bless Sacramentals. Clergy within the order may also wear Preaching Stoles, Visitation stoles or appropriate vestments when performing Rites and Ceremonies.
16)g - The cincture is to be made of natural unbleached or dyed Cotton, linen or flax. It may be composed in such a manner as to leave a small (2-3") fringe at each end. The Cincture is not to be washed exept in the event that human waste or vomit, or Blood is spilled upon it. The Knots are worn on the right side, unless the member has not taken Eucharist in the last weeks time in which case the knots are then worn on the left side (sinister) to remind each time the member kneels in prayer, that they must receive the holy Eucharist.
17) - The Servants of Solemnity do not ordain Clergy, this is left to the Episcopal leadership of individual members' churches.
18) - members will not consume more than 20 oz of low volume alcohol in a 24 hour period. members will not consume more than 1 oz of high volume alcohol per 24 hour period and no high volume alcohol during Advent and Lent.
19) - members will - in addition to participation in thier home church, seek private prayer, contemplation, meditation and worship. It is aso important that members receive frequently the Blessed Sacrament of Holy Eucharist as an internal form of exorcism and to maintain a relationship with the true presence of Christ.
20) - members shall make themselves available 24 - 7 (work schedule permitting) to clients and members of the order.
21) - members shall choose within each community an Anamchara who will work cases with you and assist you in keeping on path. By the end of the Novitiate period members should already have chosen an Anamchara.
22) - members shall fast and pray in preparation during a 24 hour period prior to working a case.
23) - members shall keep a continuous study life seeking knowledge and proficiency in other languages and other types of spirituality.
24) - members will tithe regularly preferrably to thier home church, or if preferred to a private party. Tithers are to remain anonymous and amounts should not be disclosed. In addition members shall give "First Fruits" to their source in tithe, that is definted as pre-tax income tithes.
25) - members are not required to be members of the Reformed Celtic Church.
26) - Membership is reserved for baptised Christians.
27) - Members will conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with the example Christ has led for us, and will earnestly try to refrain from behavior that will defame or embarrass the order.
28)a - Abbots will be first appointed in initial formation, after a span of 2 years each Abby will hold an election for the Abbot of said Abby.
28)b - Marshalls will be first appointed by the Episcopal Sponsor and after a period of two years shall be elected from the body of Abbots by the Abbots.
29) - Jurisdiction: Since the Servants of Solemnity are an uncloistered Order Abbys are "constructed" via membership size in relation to geographical location.
29)a - Abbots have authority over a single Abby which is defined geographically by a single community of no more than 100 members living no more than One US state or 250 miles (outside of the USA) apart from each other.
29)b - Marshalls have authority over up to 10 Abbys within a 1000 mile radius of each other both inside and outside of the USA.
30) - The Servants of Solemnity do not descriminate based on Gender or Sexual Preference. For the sake of simplicity Homosexual Males will relate to the Male tonsure rules, and Females to the Female hair restrictions. With the exception of a Wimple, habits are unisex.
31) - Disciplinary action: Members of the order not adhering to the rule will be subject to disciplinary actions as outlined in this section.
31)a - IF a member is known to violate any rule that does not result in harm to a human being or an animal, the member shall be councelled by thier Anamchara and their Abbot. The member shall not infringe any rule of the order within a one year period, and will be deprived of thier habit for the period of one month.
31)b - If a member is known to violate a rule that does result in the harm of a human or animal the member shall be expelled form the order.
32)c - If a member is known to violate the sanctity of their vow, the member will be given the opportunity to reaffirm the mission of the Order and re-enter the Novitiate (assuming they were a Monk or higher) only once. If a member chooses not to re-enter the Novitiate, they will be expelled in a manner that is consistent with a voluntary dissolution of membership.
32)d - If a member is an initiate and violates the rule or thier vow, a council is held with the Mentor, Abbot and a member that is not familiar with the initiate. If the initiate wishes to continue with membership The member not familiar with the initiate shall argue the expulsion of the initiate, while the mentor shall argue the inclusion of the Initiate. The Abbot shall decide based on the evidence.
32)d - If a member chooses to leave the order at any time they may, but all records and documents of the order remain confidential and property of the order.
32)e - Members shall never discuss with media what the inner workings of the order are, and of course shall not discuss details of individual cases. A member of the order may be appionted by a majority vote of the Marshalls to speak with the press on any case should the need arise.